Cook Islands Maori
School Closures are being enforced in an attempt to curb the risk of contamination and exposure to COVID-19. The School Closure Support will assist parents in their duty of care given the mandatory closure of schools and will be available to all the children currently residing in the Cook Islands, between the age of 0-16 years, with no exception.
For each child, currently already on the child benefit, an additional $100 on top of the current $50 will be allocated for every fortnight during closure of school outside of the school holidays. Application process not required.
For each child, not currently on the child benefit, an allocation of $100 will be allocated for every fortnight during closure of school outside of the school holidays. Application process required.
- All children in the Cook Islands between the age of 0-16 years old.
- Form filled and duly signed by parent
- Passport of child and parent
- Bank account for Child or parent.
Application process only for Children who are NOT currently receiving child benefit
- Fill in and sign form, attach e-copy of the passport of the child and one parent
- Provide a BCI bank account for the child or potentially other bank account for child or parent
- Email all documents to [email protected]
- Office reception will be strictly limited. Telephone support available on 0800 2937.
- Payments to be done every 1st and 16th of every month.
- Ongoing New Claims – normal registration and payment next fortnight
- Waiver – 3 months stand down period for all new claims