The journey of life is full of ups and downs, from the birth of a child, to having a new job, a new home, living through disasters, experiencing health issues, retiring, death, and etcetera. In all of these stages of life, we face several significant economic challenges caused by various factors. However, it is imperative to understand that we are not alone. We are part of a complex family network that strives together to provide services, benefits, programs and policies to those vulnerable in society.

The Welfare Business Unit is part of this network that focuses on the distribution of welfare benefits to all eligible individuals living in the Cook Islands. Its objective is to: 

  • reduce inequality 
  • ease economic hardships 
  • help individuals reach and maintain an adequate standard of living.  

We offer some form of security to our people by ensuring access to the welfare benefits that the Government provides. The welfare benefits cover nearly 50% of the Cook Islands population. There is nine (9) Welfare Consultants stationed on different islands in the Pa Enua to ensure accessibility to support by all individuals.  


Benefits Available