Cook Islands Welfare Benefits
WE HELP TO BUILD STRONG, RESILIENT FAMILIES AND COMMUNITY IN THE COOK ISLANDS
- Welfare benefit is a support provided by the Government of the Cook Islands, intended to ensure people meet their basic human needs.
- The Welfare Business Unit is responsible for administering these welfare payments and the Government Maternity Leave Fund.
- The Eligibility requirements depends on the welfare benefit you are seeking.
The period recipient of the Welfare Benefit are allowed overseas while still receiving the benefit depends on the payment that you receive, for example:
- Old Age Benefit– you can receive your benefit for up to six months absence from the Cook Islands
- Child Benefit– you can receive the benefit for up to 4 weeks absence of the child from the Cook Islands
- Destitute, Infirmed & Care-giver allowance– you can receive the payment for up to one month absence from the Cook Island
Recipient of the Cook Islands Benefit must immediately inform Ministry of Internal Affairs if:
- intending to travel overseas, whether for holiday or permanently
- personal details change (name, address or bank account)
- granted an overseas benefit or pension
- living arrangement and circumstances changes